Wednesday 5 July 2017

Wonderful Tortoise Birthday

Hey there,

Today I thought I would share one of the cross stitched birthday cards I made for a member of the ATC swap group I am in.

I stitched the tortoise from an old cross stitch magazine and he took about 4-5 hours. I stitched him on black aida to make the colours pop, which worked really well I think. To make the background I stamped the hand stitched with versa mark ink, and then heat embossed with enamel embossing powder. I then used distress inks to add a wash of colour, using brown at the top and blue along the bottom (might have got these the wrong way round?? lol). I then rubbed the ink off the embossed sentiments. Finally I added a sentiment and a butterfly.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
CCM #192 Tic-tac-toe (Stitching-Gems (On the sentiment)-Summer and also Summer-Stamp-Embossing)
MMM #49 Summer Brights
not just cards #45 Summer

I also have some final pictures from the Wetland reserve to share:



And my new planter - filled with succulents:



And finally an update for you on my dino height chart @ 32hrs:

Hopefully I will have a new audio book review for you soon!! But now to jump in the shower and get myself off to work,

Hugz Tinz

5 comments:

  1. You are definitely a lady people love to get cards from. I know how long it takes to cross stitch and I would never do it for a card. Thanks for playing along with us at MMM.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card, beautifully cross stitched! Thank you for joining in with us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the cross stitched image he is cute, thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.