Wednesday 1 November 2017

Celebration Dust

Hello and welcome to a new DT post for the I Love Promarkers Challenge blog. Challenge #346 is for those sparkly creations - so your entry must include some sparkle - and it is essential that you also use your Promarkers (or Tria-, Flex-, Aquamarkers) on your project.
This challenge theme is Show Us Some Sparkle
Our sponsor is  Fabrika Fantasy
The Prize for the lucky winner is
3 Digi's of winners choice

I have used Fire Fairy for my creation:
I coloured the image using the following promarkers - Wings - Canary, Bright Orange, Poppy, and Blue Pearl; Dress - Gold, Peach and Orange; Hair - Blue Pearl, Fresh Meadow and Canary; Skin - Satin, Dusky Pink and Oatmeal; Others - Warm Grey 5, China Blue, Crimson, Yellow and Metallic Red Gold.

I then die cut the image using an X-cut nesting large val die, and trimmed the top before layering onto a red card blank. I then cut the Flower and Flourish from X-cut self-adhesive glitter paper. After adding the sentiment tag I then cut the flourish to fit around the sentiment. I added glitter glue to the wings for extra sparkle.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Crafting by Design - Anything Goes
MAWTT #57 Add a charm or tag
The Card Concept #81 Rich Christmas - inspired by the colours for my Clean and Layered design

I also have a book review to share with you.
The Book of Dust by Philip Pullman.
This is the first of a series of books that are design to be a prequel to the Dark Matter books, of which Northern Lights is probably the most popular. I have always liked this trilogy and so I just had to get this new book, and it does not disappoint. This first story takes you through life when Lyra was just a baby and her life was in danger, and explains how she came to live in the university. It introduces new characters and gives a little more of a background to the original stories, whilst being able to be read as a stand-alone book. I just need to read the original books again now! In my opinion they are of a high standard with a gripping and interesting narrative and very realistic characters.

And finally a photo of my NEW caterpillars - do they not realise it is nearly winter!!!

Hugz Tinz

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tinz,
    what a very wonderful card and a super design and image too.
    Love your wonderful image and colour choices.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this elegant faerie with a bit of sparkle too! Thanks so much for joining us The Card Concept this week!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT. Beckie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.